About Commerce Community Church
Early in 1903 Church Services began and were held in a tiny school house in a small Community called Commerce, for there was no Church building.
In 1905 a small country church was erected on the High Road overlooking the Raccoon River. It was called Commerce Episcopal Methodist Church. In the years to come there were many Ministers, from students to senior pastors.
In 1964 it became Commerce Community Church with an open door to all people in the Community. Dr. Rice came to the Church September 7, 1983. Shalom Ministry was conceived in her heart by the Holy Spirit, and out of this Shalom Bible College and Seminary was birthed. Shalom Ministry was incorporated by the State of Iowa in 1983.
In 1990 Shalom Ministry became officially affiliated with the Full Gospel Fellowship of Churches and Ministers International.
In 2000 we broke ground to complete the vision of our forefathers, thus adding offices for Shalom Bible College and Seminary. "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand." –Psalm 95:6-7